Art Lesson POPPIES FOR POPPA - torn tissue and paint
Techniques are teacher guided and includes extensive student choice opportunities.
Suitable for upper primary / elementary and middle school.
Each year we revisit the historic significance of WWI and WWII with our students and participate in memorial events across the world.
Here is an artistic way to share in the significance of remembering and appreciating our war veterans and current serving personnel around the world.
Poppies for Poppa is a heart-felt art based inquiry unit aimed at upper primary students. Includes over 10 bonus slides of information, provocations and wall posters for this topic (see video preview), and as always, our familiar step-by-step layout with full colour photos, for creating the art work. This resource also contains links to video tutorials created specifically for this lesson. You can access these videos through the links embedded on the relevant slides. This unit has been edited and upgraded in 2020. Consists of 82 slides. Examples in this resource are from Y6 students
Bonus Video Support Below
Scroll down to use the video guides for this lesson with your students
- Curriculum links
- Provocation links for video, writing, literature and images
- Listening activities for Taps / The Last Post
- History of Remembrance / ANZAC days
- Posters for 'In Flanders Field' and 'We shall keep the Faith'
Art Lesson Content:
- Success criteria
- Materials list and instructions for the weathered background (incl. teacher model and student examples)
- Materials list and instructions for observational drawing (incl. teacher model and student examples)
- Materials list and instructions for painted poppies (incl. teacher model and student examples)
- Materials list and instructions for torn tissue paper poppies (incl. teacher model and student examples)
- Instructions for stems and leaves (incl. teacher model and student examples)
- Instructions for silhouettes (incl. teacher model and student examples)
- Assessment forms
RELATED RESOURCES YOU MAY LIKE:
Great thanks!! Practical , and another angle for the older students.
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating and recommending to other teachers. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn