WINTER WOOLIES with 2 options multi lesson art plan Grades 2-5 (oil pastels and paint)
WINTER WOOLIES is a comprehensive visual art lesson plan, that includes a PDF guide with instructions to teach all aspects of this visual art projects across multiple lessons. Includes 2 options to choose from. Your students will create personal artworks inspired by a Science inquiry into the changing Seasons, Winter, weather, melting and freezing, etc.. All steps are clearly explained and photographed, giving you the confidence to deliver quality visual art lessons to your students. Includes opportunities for student choice
This art lesson covers fine-motor skills like:
- smooth and accurate painting,
- the elements of line, shape, space and form
- the element of colour.
Photographs of the teacher model and authentic student in progress and also completed, has been included for your reference.
The student examples in this unit were created by 6-7 year olds.
The Lesson plan includes:
- Support resources and guides
- Detailed instructions to create the artwork
- Photographs of every step
- Teacher & student examples from mid primary/elementary level
- Guidance for teacher assessment and student reflection options
- Curriculum links to Level 2 New Zealand Visual Art Curriculum
- Curriculum Links to Phase 2 Responding & Creating for IB PYP
- Student Voice guidance for reflections
- Recording sheet for written reflection
- 2 x options for the artwork - either oil pastels only or Acrylic paints with oil pastel and coloured pencil details
Materials you will need include:
- Art paper
- Student oil pastels
- Liquid water colour paint and acrylic/tempera paints
- Drawing pencil, coloured pencils
- Reference images (some provided)
This lesson plan links to trans-disciplinary learning in areas like: Science & How the World Works (IB PYP)
Landscape PDF Presentation consists of over 8O slides (pages).
Great way to integrate Math, Art, and Science. (January 2, 2017, Sandra B.)
If your year group is learning about weather or seasons, consider the following art units so that each class could work on an art response to a different season:
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating and recommending to other teachers. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn