Jellyfish and Turtle art project with video tutorials
Jellyfish and Turtle art project suits Kindergarten, First & Second grade teachers looking for an art lesson to extend learning themes for Our Oceans and Conservation.
Jellyfish and Turtle art project includes 2x of my art video tutorials and a detailed PDF guide, a great way to build knowledge and skill in this subject area - particularly for teachers without an art background or limited knowledge in this area.
Each art lesson has been tested and crafted to suit this age group of 4, 5, and 6yr olds.The lesson includes choice options for differentiation, while keeping the skills taught consistent across the class, to save your sanity.
❤️ Take the guesswork out of teaching art,
❤️ avoid endless hours of research,
❤️ avoid the epic fails that result from not having the time to trial the lesson or media yourself before teaching it.
I’ve done it all for you and trailed this lesson with my own students, in Kindergarten
❤️ why should you trust my lessons?
I am both a general ed classroom teacher and currently practising as a Visual Art and Digital Media specialist educator, teaching students from ages 4-12, at a primary school. I do this every day, just like you!
❤️ How will this resource help busy teachers, who are nervous about teaching art?
No worries - I’ve got you covered.
This lesson comes as a full colour PDF teacher guide of 40+ slides. All project steps are clearly explained and photographed, from start to finish, giving you the confidence to deliver a quality visual art lesson to your students, as you share on your large screen. Links included for 2 of my video guides hosted on Youtube - one for painting water and one for making the jellyfish
❤️ All the materials & skills are also clearly listed for you. It’s like having an art specialist with you in your classroom.
The PDF slides are intentionally designed in landscape orientation, to share with your students. This extra visual support will prove useful, to all young learners, and will also save your from having to repeat the same instructions, over and over again.
Select VIEW > enter full screen for presentation mode. Then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to drive a smooth slideshow experience, like a pro :)
Encourage students along the way, to follow choice options and create their unique artwork, while being guided by the information on the slides.
⏰ How long will this project take to finish?
This art lesson and project can be completed in around 3-5 lessons, depending on the age and stage of students and the size of paper /media/ style you or your students choose.
Chunk into smaller manageable lessons, if needed, and to allow student work to dry.
View the PDF & Video previews above, then add to cart and smile, knowing you will soon have beautiful artwork on the walls and students glowing with pride!
❤️ So what is special about this resource?
JELLYFISH and TURTLE is NOT a superficial art or craft option. As a specialist in this field, I write lessons that encourage deeper, cross-curricular learning and make meaningful connections to other subject areas. This IS:
- a drawing & painting tutorial exploring the elements of LINE and VALUE
- a papier-mache tutorial that explores visual & real texture
- builds sequencing skills
- explores concepts of measuring, shape and line (Math)
- extends conceptual understandings for our ocean and conservation (How The World Works & Sharing The Planet).
Students can express their unique ideas through personal choices and modifications, while working through the guided project. Pause the videos and presentation in places to discuss next steps with students, check understanding and explore potential student responses or modifications, bringing personal creative ideas to the tutorial. This addresses the Viewing & Responding to artwork objectives in a purposeful way.
*What do teachers, who have used one of my other K-3 video lesson tutorials -
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ "I have been so impressed with your season art units that I have purchased them all. Not being a particularly arty person I am always will to give things a try especially as the younger children learn so much being creative. I look forward to putting this unit to use."
✅ What is included in JELLYFISH and TURTLE?
A 40+ PDF slide deck that includes the teaching guide for step-by-step guidance and reference, intentionally designed in landscape orientation, to share with your students as a presentation on your large screen. Select VIEW > enter full screen. Then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to drive a smooth slideshow experience, like a pro :)
✅ This PDF includes step-by-step support & teaching instructions for:
- Detailed instructions slides to create a 2D turtle (option 1)
- Detailed instructions slides to create a 3D turtle (option 2)
- Link to my unlisted video tutorial on YouTube for painting water
- Link to my unlisted video tutorial on YouTube for making the jellyfish
- Photographs of water, jellyfish and turtles for reference
- Information slide about Jellyfish
- Information slide about Turtles
- Photographs of teacher models and student examples
- Examples of work in progress and completed
- Printable sheet for recording Student Voice reflection/ assessment of learning (2/pg. to save printing, print on B&W setting)
- Materials lists
✅ What knowledge, techniques and skills will my students learn from this series?
- Gain knowledge about art techniques - painting wet-in-wet, oil & water resist, papier-mache,
- Follow a tutorial for guidance - listening skills, visual discrimination, sequencing
- Develop fine-motor & technical skills for using a range of art tools and media
- Respond to art created by other students
- Reflect on own knowledge, skills, progress and artwork - using the included student sheets
✅ That sounds great! So what about the Visual Art focus in this lesson?
- Build understanding for the elements of art
- Observe & understand the Art World (Studio Habits)
- Build skills for observational & guided expression
- Explore art making that expresses new learning
- improve drawing, painting, cutting and gluing skills
- Develop Craft, Engage & Persist, Express (Studio Habits)
- Reflect on personal development as an artist
- Reflect (Studio Habits)
- Options included
- Stretch & Explore (Studio Habits)
View the PDF & Video Previews above, then add to cart and smile, knowing you have just saved yourself heaps of time and effort!
✅ Where can I find more art lessons like this one?
→ Click on STORE at the top of the page
→ Select the VISUAL ART button
→ Choose a sub-category or scroll to view all resources
⭐️ Register as a member
→ Click on LOG IN/ REGISTER at the top of the page. Once approved, you will be added to our email list to gain occasional updates and get access to our Free Resources Catalogue.
View all the previews above before you buy. If you have any questions, contact me through Q & A, BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ Would you recommend this lesson to your colleagues? Then please return to rate & comment as this helps to inform other teachers about how this product brought value to your teaching. Every review earns you discount credits on future purchases.
Every care is taken with editing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. If you have any questions, contact me through Q & A, and be specific in your request so that I can make those improvements and give you, and others the best quality lesson plans.
➡️ ABOUT VIDEO STREAMING
“Video” is a new product type on Help Me Learn where I aim to share best strategies, tips, and instructional practices through an unlisted video that can only be viewed from my YouTube channel, accessed only through the link in the PDF Download. Video resources cannot be downloaded to your computer or device. Instead, you can view them on-line, so you don’t have to download a large video file. You will have access to the file as long as you retain the link you receive in the downloadable resource PDF.
*At times I share reviews received for the same product, in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store