- Visual Art
- Art Lessons: Video Tutorials
- Windy Weather for Spring and Fall video art lesson plan for grades 2-4
Windy Weather for Spring and Fall video art lesson plan for grades 2-4
Guided tutorial video for how to show the art principle of MOVEMENT in drawings. A perfect companion to a theme study on Weather and Seasons, Spring or Autumn. This is a fully narrated video tutorial that demonstrates all drawing steps in real time. Stream the video lesson on your large screen and free yourself up to support your students and children.
This lesson plan focuses on:
- MOVEMENT - compose drawings on the diagonal,
- Use movement lines (also known as motion lines, action lines, speed lines, or zip ribbons) as abstract lines that appear behind a moving object or person, parallel to its direction of motion, to make it appear as if it is moving quickly.
- COLOUR - use colour groups for effect
- PLAN - drawings lightly using lines and shapes
- SHAPE & FORM - use colour sets to transform flat 2D shapes into 3D forms
Benefits of using a video lesson:
- The lesson has already been tested
- All steps are viewable from start to finish
- Techniques are demonstrated
- Rewind and rewatch as many times as needed
- Narrated explanation adds depth to understanding art theories
- Its like having an art specialist in your classroom or home
- Encourages independence in learners and self management
- Allows for students to work at their individual pace
- Hosted on YouTube (unlisted) and accessed from the link in the PDF support document
- Not cluttering up your hard drive
- Added benefit of PL in Visual Art teaching for the purchasing classroom teacher
- Includes a PDF lesson companion with support information - UK & US spelling options included for colour/color, delete slides you don't want.
- Lockdown Remote Teaching: Limited permission is granted for the purchasing teacher only, to live stream through screen sharing with their class, strictly limited for remote teaching during a government mandated lockdown
Use this lesson to support & extend learning for students in a Science topics and Sharing the Planet (IB PYP), or use as a response with a Literature study.
Stream the video lesson through a large screen for your child or students to follow along, pausing in places for them to complete the steps at their own pace, or rewind and rewatch when needed.
This method can also offer time for opportunities to explore student responses or modifications, bringing personal creative ideas to the tutorial. Addresses the Viewing & Responding to artwork concepts.
Suits: most mid primary/ elementary grades, homeschooling families.
Children will: learn to include the principle of movement, 2 x versions are demonstrated in the video
Learning intentions include: Plan compositions, Add details that suit the context, Select colour schemes, Show an understanding for the principle of movement, Draw with tutorials, Draw from imagination, Develop technical skills for colouring with pencils, Respond to art created by artists and by my friends, Reflect on my own knowledge, skills, progress and artwork.
Media demonstrated: coloured pencils
Materials used: A4* art paper, drawing pencil, black marker, coloured pencils
*A4 = 8.5 by 11 inches (215.9 by 279.4 mm)
The video preview is a very short clip from the actual resource to give you an idea of my teaching style. I am both a general ed classroom teacher and currently practicing as a Visual Art and Digital Media specialist educator, teaching students from ages 4-12, at a primary school.
Also included in the support documents are:
- Learning Intentions for the IB PYP and NZC at level 2 / Phase 2 but these will closely match LO's from other art curriculums.
- Student Voice reflection/ assessment guides
Educators, more confident in visual art delivery, can browse my comprehensive PDF lesson plans in the following sub-categories:
Please leave a rating and review to let me know what you think of my video lessons, either here or on Youtube.
View my growing collection of video art tutorials
ABOUT VIDEO STREAMING
“Video” is a new product type on Help Me Learn where I aim to share best strategies, tips, and instructional practices through an unlisted video that can only be viewed from my YouTube account, accessed only through the link in the PDF Download. Video resources cannot be downloaded to your computer or device. Instead, you can view them on-line, so you don’t have to download a large video file. You will have access to the file as long as you retain the link you receive in the downloadable resource PDF.
Review these TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom or home, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal and use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn