- Visual Art
- Art Lessons: Video Tutorials
- WINTER GNOMES 2 with long beard narrated video tutorial art lesson grades 2-4
WINTER GNOMES 2 with long beard narrated video tutorial art lesson grades 2-4
SECOND of 2 Video demonstrations. How to make a Winter Gnome - Long Beard artwork. This is a fully narrated video tutorial that demonstrates all steps in real time. Use this lesson to support & extend learning in a Science inquiry based on the seasons (How the World Works - IB PYP) & can also be linked with a Social Studies inquiry on festivals and celebrations (How we express ourselves - IB PYP). Can also use as a response with a Literature study. A great way to enjoy the December term.
Benefits of using a video lesson:
- The lesson has already been tested
- All steps are viewable from start to finish
- Techniques are demonstrated
- Rewind and rewatch as many times as needed
- Narrated explanation adds depth to understanding art theories
- Its like having an art specialist in your classroom or home
- Encourages independence in learners and self management
- Allows for students to work at their individual pace
- Hosted on YouTube (unlisted) and accessed from the link in the PDF support document
- Not cluttering up your hard drive
- Added benefit of PL in Visual Art teaching for the purchasing classroom teacher
- Lockdown Remote Teaching: Limited permission is granted for the purchasing teacher only, to live stream through screen sharing with their class, strictly limited for remote teaching during a government mandated lockdown.
Stream the video lesson through a large screen for your child or students to follow along, pausing in places for them to complete the steps at their own pace, or rewind and rewatch when needed. This method can also offer time for opportunities to explore student responses or modifications, bringing personal creative ideas to the tutorial. Addresses the Viewing & Responding to artwork concepts.
Suits: most primary / elementary grades and homeschooling families.
Children will: create an artwork of a Winter Gnome, with variations of their own choosing
Learning intentions include: using oil pastels and water colour paints, blending analogous colours to show snow, adding original details and painting accurately.
Media demonstrated: oil pastels and water colour paint. Some drying time required at the end.
Materials needed: A4* art paper, drawing pencil, oil pastels, assorted paintbrushes, water colour paint).
*A4 = 8.5 by 11 inches (215.9 by 279.4 mm)
The video preview below is a very short clip from the actual resource to give you an idea of my teaching style. I am both a general ed classroom teacher and currently practicing as a Visual Art and Digital Media specialist educator, teaching students from ages 4-12, at a primary school.
Also included in the support documents are:
- Learning Intentions for the IBPYP and NZC at levels 1 & 2/ Phases 1 & 2 but these will closely match LO's from other curriculums.
- Student Voice reflection/assessment guides
Educators, more confident in visual art delivery, can browse my comprehensive PDF lesson plans in the following sub-categories:
Please leave a rating and review to let me know what you think of my video lessons, either here or on Youtube.
View my growing collection of video art tutorials
ABOUT VIDEO STREAMING
“Video” is a new product type on Help Me Learn where I aim to share best strategies, tips, and instructional practices through an unlisted video that can only be viewed from my YouTube account, accessed only through the link in the PDF Download. Video resources cannot be downloaded to your computer or device. Instead, you can view them on-line, so you don’t have to download a large video file. You will have access to the file as long as you retain the link you receive in the downloadable resource PDF.
Review these TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom or home, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal and use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn