WINTER SNOW GLOBES multi lesson art video tutorial suits Grades 2-4
How to make a Winter Wonderland Snow Globe artwork. This is a fully narrated video tutorial that demonstrates all steps in real time. The magic of winter can inspire beautiful artwork for your learners. Create with oil pastels and water colour paints. Your students will learn about using analogous colours to show snow, blending and wet-in-wet paint technique. This lesson has been used with students in the mid-elementary area. This is a teacher guided lesson with moderate choice. Scroll down for a preview clip below.
Benefits of using a video lesson:
- The lesson has already been tested
- All steps are viewable from start to finish
- Techniques are demonstrated
- Rewind and rewatch as many times as needed
- Narrated explanation adds depth to understanding art theories
- Its like having an art specialist in your classroom or home
- Encourages independence in learners and self management
- Allows for students to work at their individual pace
- Hosted on YouTube (unlisted) and accessed from the link in the PDF support document
- Not cluttering up your hard drive
- Added benefit of PL in Visual Art teaching for the purchasing classroom teacher
- Lockdown Remote Teaching: Limited permission is granted for the purchasing teacher only, to live stream through screen sharing with their class, strictly limited for remote teaching during a government mandated lockdown.
Use this lesson to support & extend learning in a Science inquiry based on the seasons, (How the World Works - IB PYP) & can also be linked with a Social Studies inquiry on festivals and celebrations (How we express ourselves - IB PYP). Can also use as a response with a Literature study.
Stream the video lesson through a large screen for your child or students to follow along, pausing in places for them to complete the steps at their own pace, or rewind and rewatch when needed. This method can also offer time for opportunities to explore student responses or modifications, bringing personal creative ideas to the tutorial. Addresses the Viewing & Responding to artwork concepts.
Suits: most mid-elementary grades and homeschooling families.
Children will: create an artwork of a snowman in a snow globe with sparkling 3D glue stars
Learning intentions include: Your students will learn about using analogous colours to show snow, blending for 3D form and wet-in-wet paint technique.
Media demonstrated: oil pastels and water colour paint. Some drying time required between stages, likely to take 3-4 teaching periods .
Materials needed: A4* and A3 wet grade art drawing pencil, oil pastels, assorted paintbrushes, a circle stencil (size to suit snow globe), glitter, heavy body glue or creative paint paint for 3D snowflakes, scissors
*A4 = 8.5 by 11 inches (215.9 by 279.4 mm)
The video preview below is a very short clip from the actual resource to give you an idea of my teaching style. I am both a general ed classroom teacher and currently practicing as a Visual Art and Digital Media specialist educator, teaching students from ages 4-12, at a primary school.
Also included in the support documents are:
- Learning Intentions for the IBPYP and NZC at level 1 & 2/ Phase 1 & 2 but these will closely match LO's from other curriculums.
- Student Voice reflection/assessment guides
Educators, more confident in visual art delivery, can browse my comprehensive PDF lesson plans in the following sub-categories:
Please leave a rating and review to let me know what you think of my video lessons, either here or on Youtube.
View my growing collection of video art tutorials
ABOUT VIDEO STREAMING
“Video” is a new product type on Help Me Learn where I aim to share best strategies, tips, and instructional practices through an unlisted video that can only be viewed from my YouTube account, accessed only through the link in the PDF Download. Video resources cannot be downloaded to your computer or device. Instead, you can view them on-line, so you don’t have to download a large video file. You will have access to the file as long as you retain the link you receive in the downloadable resource PDF.
Review these TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom or home, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal and use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn