Art Lesson Conservation Elephant Skies (draw & paint)
ELEPHANT SKIES is a comprehensive visual art lesson plan inspired by textured post-impressionist style.This PDF lesson plan also includes a demonstration video of the process. Your students will create highly textured paintings of elephants to extend an inquiry unit based on Conservation or animals. Make links to trans-disciplinary learning in areas like Sharing the Planet (IB (PYP).
Students will also work with the elements of line, texture & colour.
This lesson plan focuses on:
- Painting with texture
- Using alternative painting tools
- Outlines, contour line and detail lines
- Analogous colours, warm & cool colours
The Lesson plan includes:
- Detailed instructions to create the artwork
- Photographs of every step
- Student examples from upper primary/elementary
- Links to relevant support videos
- Bonus: video created by me to illustrate the processes
- Guidance for teacher assessment and student reflection options
- Curriculum links to Level 3 New Zealand Visual Art Curriculum
- Curriculum Links to Phase 3 Responding & Creating for IB PYP
- Student Voice guidance for reflections
- Note-taking template for reflections
Materials you will need include:
- Wet grade art paper
- Student Acrylic paint
- Liquid water colours (dye)
- Plastic glue spreaders for palette knives & other mark making tools
- Photographs & line drawings of elephants
All steps are clearly explained and photographed, giving you the confidence to deliver quality visual art lessons to your students. Includes opportunities for student choice. Media and techniques are fully illustrated, and can be adapted to your requirements. Work examples created by students in Year 5 (aged 9-10 yrs).
Makes links to trans-disciplinary learning in areas like: conservation, animals, biodiversity & biomes
Landscape PDF Presentation consists of over 28 slides (pages).
View a short video excerpt below.
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, please contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn