- Visual Art
- Art Lesson Plans 3-5
- Art Lesson for Impressionist Water Lily Pond inspired by Monet (draw & paint)
Art Lesson for Impressionist Water Lily Pond inspired by Monet (draw & paint)
MONET'S WATER LILY POND is a comprehensive visual art lesson plan inspired by the work of Claude Monet This PDF lesson plan also includes a demonstration video of the process. Your students will create artwork of reflective lily ponds banked by weeping willow, inspired by the pond at Monet's house in Giverney. Monet is one of the most influential artists of the last century, who developed an enduring style, inspiring many artists that followed.
Students will learn about :
- Claude Monet and Impressionism,
- observational & guided drawing,
- colour theory, colour blending and paint effects,
- painting effects to add texture,
- layering elements to create depth
The Lesson plan includes:
- Background information of Claude Monet, and his inspiration
- detailed instructions to create the artwork
- photographs of every step
- student examples from middle primary/elementary
- Links to relevant support videos
- Bonus: video created by me to illustrate the processes
- Guidance for teacher assessment and student reflection options
- Curriculum links to Level 2 New Zealand Visual Art Curriculum
- Curriculum Links to Phase 2 Responding & Creating for IB PYP
- Student Voice guidance for reflections
Materials you will need include:
- Wet grade art paper
- Student Acrylic paint
- Square cut flat paintbrushes
- Photographs of water lilies (some included)
All steps are clearly explained and photographed, giving you the confidence to deliver quality visual art lessons to your students. Includes opportunities for student choice. Media and techniques are fully illustrated, and can be adapted to your requirements. Work examples created by students in Year 4 (aged 8-9 yrs).
Makes links to transdisciplinary learning in areas like: history, art history, Impressionism, waterways, plants and seasons. How We Express Ourselves and How the world works.
Landscape PDF Presentation consists of 50 slides (pages).
All steps are clearly explained and illustrated, giving classroom teachers the confidence to deliver quality visual art lessons to your students.
Lesson includes opportunities for student agency in the process and student voice in the work product. This quality teaching guide will help you to confidently engage students in a purposeful visual art lesson through a context that your students will love.
View a short video excerpt below.
FOR MORE VISUAL ART RESOURCES CLICK HERE
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
❤️ Connect with Help MeLearn by following this store on Instagram and Facebook.
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, please contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn