- Visual Art
- Art Lesson Plans K-2
- Art POSTERS - Reflection Guide for Young Artists and Art Making
Art POSTERS - Reflection Guide for Young Artists and Art Making
This set of prompts for visual art reflection and feedback will help to develop robust reflection and goal setting skills in your students. Encourage personalised reflection to elicit true student voice about the process and results of their learning. US & UK spelling options.
Using this resource in your Art programmes:
- 14 prompts includes US & UK spelling for COLOR / COLOUR
- Print the prompts to use as you wish, e.g. wall posters or laminated prompt cards
- Use regularly to discuss works of art created by your students
- Use during the making stage to guide next steps (goal setting) or at the completing stage to guide reflections or artist statements
- Students can use the reflection ideas to guide their artist statements, either as written feedback or as a script when recording their reflections digitally (e.g. Seesaw)
- Includes 3 students printout versions in printer friendly B & W versions
- Substitute (element) with the element that was a focus for the learning
- This sheet can be laminated and handed out as needed or printed and glued into student books.
- Adapt to use when discussing the art of artists with your students, e.g How did Van Gogh use line in his painting of Starry Nights?
- Also included are reflection scripts from 3 of my students’ video reflections for your reference. Valuable evidence when it comes to report writing and sharing with parents.
This quality teaching guide will help you to confidently engage students in a purposeful visual art reflection throughout the years.
The content can be adapted to suit elementary and middle school learners.
Print the title poster for your art wall.
Print the other posters at half the size of the title poster and display around it.
Students can also video their reflections as an interview with a partner, a valuable form of evidence when it comes to report writing or to share with parents.
TEACHER FEEDBACK from our TPT store: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
"The cards are a great way to jump-start the students who are stuck or not sure how to talk about art. Students used with: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th gradesPrimarily students that are emerging bilinguals/ ELs/ ESOLs/ ENLs"
FOR MORE VISUAL ART RESOURCES CLICK HERE
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
❤️ Connect with Help MeLearn by following this store on Instagram and Facebook.
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating and recommending to other teachers. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn