Art Lesson LIVING WORLD/CLASSROOM CULTURE - Relationships and Well-being (mixed media)
Techniques are teacher guided and includes extensive student choice opportunities.
Suitable for primary / elementary and middle school.
Create floral, values based artwork with this helpful art lesson guide created with students aged 6-7.
Includes choice opportunities.
Introduces students to warm and cool colours, and observational drawing.
- The Focus: This lesson will support any theme that focuses on our responsibilities when forming positive relationships with others at the start of the new school year. It will provide a colourful display alternative to the classroom contract. As a class you could start by unpacking the good and bad things that happen when students are making new friendships.
- Explore the values or attributes that contribute to an environment that supports well-being. A list of words, that my classes brainstormed, has been included for your guidance, plus an empty chart to add/create your own list. The bee image is symbolic for the word ’be’, for being industrious and working hard, as well as for community.
- Discuss how to show this through artwork and who the audience might be. This lesson is a guide, you and your students can modify to suit your objectives.
- Step-by-step drawing guides included for Bees and Flowers
- Bonus activity included for friendship/appreciation cards
Please review the photos above before purchasing, to ensure that this resource meets your requirements.