Art Lesson LIVING WORLD/CLASSROOM CULTURE - Relationships and Well-being (mixed media)
Techniques are teacher guided and includes extensive student choice opportunities.
Suitable for primary / elementary and middle school.
Create floral, values based artwork with this helpful art lesson guide created with students aged 6-7.
Includes choice opportunities.
Introduces students to warm and cool colours, and observational drawing.
- The Focus: This lesson will support any theme that focuses on our responsibilities when forming positive relationships with others at the start of the new school year. It will provide a colourful display alternative to the classroom contract. As a class you could start by unpacking the good and bad things that happen when students are making new friendships.
- Explore the values or attributes that contribute to an environment that supports well-being. A list of words, that my classes brainstormed, has been included for your guidance, plus an empty chart to add/create your own list. The bee image is symbolic for the word ’be’, for being industrious and working hard, as well as for community.
- Discuss how to show this through artwork and who the audience might be. This lesson is a guide, you and your students can modify to suit your objectives.
- Step-by-step drawing guides included for Bees and Flowers
- Bonus activity included for friendship/appreciation cards
Please review the photos above before purchasing, to ensure that this resource meets your requirements.
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating and recommending to other teachers. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn