Art Lesson LITERATURE - Goldilocks Self-Portraits - Fairy Tales (paper collage)
Techniques are teacher guided and includes extensive student choice opportunities.
Suitable for primary / elementary school.
This visual art lesson plan will help you to create fun self-portrait artwork with your students, in collage. Examples made with students aged 5+. All steps are clearly explained and photographed, giving you the confidence to deliver quality visual art lessons to your students. Includes opportunities for student choice.
Introduces students to shapes, stencils and layering techniques.
- Students will create Portraits or Self-portraits using the art making technique of Collage
- Strengthens ‘Self-to-Text’ conceptual understandings for Reading by creating a ‘Goldilocks’ portrait in their own image, e.g. ‘Ebonylocks’, Crimsonlocks or ‘Amberlocks, Curlylocks’, etc.
- Some creative elements are teacher guided and others are left to the student to determine
- Skill building includes: fine motor development, drawing with stencils, cutting, gluing, paper folding & curling
- See art lesson resource ‘The Three Bears’ for extension on this Fairy Tale lesson
- Includes Student voice reflection guide and Visual Art learning intensions for assessment (IB PYP and New Zealand Standards)
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating and recommending to other teachers. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn