Art POSTERS - Design Thinking Process Jr (teaching resource)
The Design Thinking Process simplified for Primary / Elementary school age students into 6 easy steps. Each step is explained with examples given. Print the 6 posters for your classroom wall to help track where students are up to.
Teaching young students design thinking helps them develop a growth mindset and important problem solving, analytical and spatial thinking skills.
Benefits for young people who engage in design thinking include:
• Being able to identify problems and reframe them as actionable opportunities;
• Understanding the value of collaboration and feedback;
• Viewing setbacks and failures as valuable learning moments;
• Appreciating the value of hard work and persistence;
• Developing self-belief as problem solvers;
• Developing empathy;
• Developing a growth mindset;
• Developing stamina and resilience; and
• Developing entrepreneurial and community-minded behaviours.
• A focus that is both future and solutions-oriented.