- FREE RESOURCES - Members Only
- FREE COLOR - Colour THEORY Introduction 4th-7th grade
FREE COLOR - Colour THEORY Introduction 4th-7th grade
An introduction to my bumper Art Elements teaching resource - COLOR / COLOUR THEORY EXPLAINED, available HERE. Everything you need, for explaining the complexities of color / colour theory, to students aged 9-11. Suits 4th grade - 7th grade.
This mini resource is a more affordable taster of the masses of content available in the full resource. Includes both a US spelling conventions set & a UK spelling conventions set.
The full product is a 60 slide presentation deck in PDF format. To share with your class - open in View>full screen and drive with your keyboard arrows, like any presentation.
Watch the video below to learn more.
This taster product includes (in both US & UK spelling):
- a Colour Theory wall sign,
- a traditional primaries poster,
- a colour wheel teacher example
- a colour wheel student handout printable and a
- colour scheme practise sheet (student handout printable).
I hope that you find these useful, but if you need more, please consider upgrading to the full resource HERE
The full resource also includes:
Wall sign for: -
- Color / Colour Theory (full colour)
- Central Idea
- Lines of Inquiry
Wall posters for Primary Colors / Colours in 3 versions: -
Prior knowledge slides for class discussions: -
- What are some things you might know about color / colour?
- Why do your think the primaries for traditional, modern and digital, differ?
- How do you think artists use color / colour in their work?
Explanation slides for: -
- What is a Theory?
- What is Color / Colour?
- What is the Visible Color / Colour Spectrum
- What is the difference between Traditional, Modern and Digital Primary Colors / Colours
- What are natural pigments?
- What are Color / Colour Schemes (12 included)
Interactive Color / Colour Wheels to print and build for: -
- Traditional (RYB)
- Modern (MCY)
Student handouts in black & white: -
- Interactive Color / Colour Wheel to print and build
- Wheel to color / colour in
- Dials for easily identifying advanced color / colour schemes
- Designs for trialling their scheme selections
US & UK Spelling differences - 2 complete sets of this resource are included in the download, 60 pgs. each. Delete the one that you don't need
❤️ Register for a membership - don't miss out on seeing new teaching products added to the store.
Preview the photos and videos in each listing before you buy.
View a short video excerpt below.
FOR MORE VISUAL ART RESOURCES CLICK HERE
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
❤️ Connect with Help Me Learn by following this store on Instagram and Facebook.
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, please contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn