BUNDLE - ALL MATH CENTRE BOARD GAMES TO SUITS GRADE 1-3 NZ STAGE 4
32x Math Centre Board Games & Charts BUNDLE to support students in building their Knowledge Concepts for the following domains in Advanced Counting (New Zealand Stage 4):
- Number identification
- Sequencing and Ordering
- Grouping and Place Value
- Basic Facts
Math Centre Board Games and charts have been designed to boost and consolidate instant recognition/recall of number concepts for students working with numbers to 100 and with 2 digit numbers.
In New Zealand, that equates to students in Years 2-4 (ages of 6-8). However - this resource will be a welcome addition of independent activities to the maths programme of any classroom where small group teaching occurs and students are allocated independent tasks where they need to be meaningfully engaged. This teaching resources targets the following Learning Goals:
Number identification and Fractions
- identify all of the numbers in the range 0 - 100
- identify symbols for halves, quarters, thirds and fifth.
Number sequence and Order
- say the number and word sequences, forwards and backwards in the range 0 - 100 e.g. 51, 52, 53 & fifty-one, fifty-two, fifty-three
- say the number before and after a given number in the range 0 - 100 e.g. 72…73…74
- say the skip-count sequences, forwards and backwards, for twos, fives, and tens, in the range 0 - 100. e.g. 15…20…25
- order numbers in the range 0 - 100. e.g. 48…49…(50)…51
Grouping and Place Value
- know groupings with 10, e.g. 10 and 2, 3 and 10, … and the pattern of “-teens”;
- know groupings within 20, e.g. 12 and 8, 6 and 14;
- know the number of tens in decades, e.g. tens in 40, in 60,
- recall addition and subtraction facts to 10, e.g. 4 + 3, 6 + 2, 7 – 3
- recall doubles to 20 and their corresponding halves, e.g. 6 + 6, 7 + 7, ½ of 14
- recall “ten and...” facts, e.g. 10 + 4, 7 + 10
- recall multiples of 10 that add to 100, e.g. 30 + 70, 40 + 60
**This BUNDLE is an update of this useful resources: INDEPENDENT MATH GAMES STAGE 4 Bumper Pack Numeracy Knowledge NZ FOCUS and includes 4x PDF documents and 4 zipped games files (8 math centre assets in total)
the NUMBER KNOWLEDGE GOAL POSTERS for STAGE 4. You will receive a zip file with all Goal Cards across the domains, plus a proficiency certificate for each domain. Both PNG versions and PDF.
Please read the included TOU.
BONUS: set of game box labels and wall display posters also included as a Zipped file.
This new resource has games and charts designed specifically to target the learning goals above. All games are included as PDF and 300dpi images for quick reference and easy printing.
Number Identification and Fraction Games included:
1) Name The Number Bingo
2) Name The Number Match-up
3) Name The Number Pairs
4) Name The Number Loopy
5) Fraction Bingo
6) Fractions of Solids Match-up
7) Fractions of Sets Match-up
8) Fractions of Solids Pairs
9) Fractions of Sets Pairs
Number sequence and Order Games & charts included:
1) Counting forward & backward in digits chart
2) Counting forward & backward in words chart for one - fifty (2 options)
3) Counting forward & backward in words chart for fifty-one - one hundred (2 options)
4) Before & After Bingo
5) Counting forward & backward in 2s chart
6) Counting forward & backward in 5s chart
7) Counting forward & backward in 10s chart
8) Order It Match-up Puzzle Strips
9) Order Number Digit Cards to 100
10) Order Number Word Cards to 100
Grouping and Place Value Games included:
1) Grouping With 10 for Teens Loopy
2) Grouping With 10 for Teens Pairs
3) Grouping Within 20 Loopy
4) Grouping Within 20 Pairs
5) How Many 10s Loopy
6) How Many 10s Pairs
Basic Facts Games included:
1) Addition Facts to 10 Puzzle
2) Subtraction Facts to 10 Puzzle
3) Connect 3 With 2 Dice
4) Doubles and Halves Bingo
5) Teen Addition Facts Loopy
6) Connect 3 With 3 Dice
7) Make 100 Loopy
Games need to be printed on card (suggest white or yellow to match colour coded level) or laminated for longevity. Some games require pieces to be cut out, or dice and counters added.
Organise into storage containers in your math centre, where students can easily access and use independently, to work on their Basic Facts Knowledge. Add some smooth place mats to use with each game which help to keep loose pieces contained.
Further items included are:
- All content in PDF format and Games also provided as 300dpi Jpegs in a zipped file for ease of replacement printing
- Teacher information
- Game rules
- Student recording sheet plus blank for other extra games you might already have or will add to the centre in the future, or digital options, you may want to include
- Student reflection sheet
- Teacher recording sheet
Students can independently practise their skills specifically required for this Numeracy stage, during their independent station rotation, following the goals on their personalised goal sheets, (included).
This board games based approach to learning, enhances social skills, collaboration, self management, problem solving skills and fair play. Set within a robust management and reflection framework. 30+ PDF pages.
A great alternative to worksheets and digital screen time, after many months of Zoom learning.
FIND MORE MATHS RESOURCES IN MY STORE BY CLICKING HERE
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, please contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn