Math Centre Board Games for NUMBER SEQUENCE & ORDER suits Grade 1-3 NZ stage 4
10x Math Centre Board Games and charts to support students in building their Knowledge Concepts for Number Sequence and Order. This equates to learners working in the Advanced Counting Stage for Numeracy (New Zealand Stage 4) and targets the following
4x Learning Goals:
- say the number and word sequences, forwards and backwards in the range 0 - 100 e.g. 51, 52, 53 & fifty-one, fifty-two, fifty-three
- say the number before and after a given number in the range 0 - 100 e.g. 72…73…74
- say the skip-count sequences, forwards and backwards, for twos, fives, and tens, in the range 0 - 100. e.g. 15…20…25
- order numbers in the range 0 - 100. e.g. 48…49…(50)…51
**This is an update and extension for the Grouping & Place Value section of this useful resources:
This new PDF resource has 10 games & charts designed specifically to target the 4 learning goals above.
Games 7 charts included:
1) Counting forward & backward in digits chart
2) Counting forward & backward in words chart for one - fifty (2 options)
3) Counting forward & backward in words chart for fifty-one - one hundred (2 options)
4) Before & After Bingo
5) Counting forward & backward in 2s chart
6) Counting forward & backward in 5s chart
7) Counting forward & backward in 10s chart
8) Order It Match-up Puzzle Strips
9) Order Number Digit Cards to 100
10) Order Number Word Cards to 100
Games & charts need to be printed on card (suggest white or yellow to match colour coded level) or laminated for longevity, Some games require pieces to be cut out, or dice and counters added.
Organise into storage containers in your math centre, where students can easily access and use independently, to work on their Number Sequence & Order Knowledge. Add some smooth place mats to use with each game which help to keep loose pieces contained.
Further items included are:
- All content in PDF format and Games also provided as 300dpi Jpegs
- All assets are zipped
- Teacher information
- Game rules
- Student recording sheet plus blank for other extra games you might already have or will add to the centre in the future or digital options you cant to include
- Student reflection sheet
- Teacher recording sheet
Students can independently practise their skills specifically required for this Numeracy stage, during their independent station rotation, following the goals on their personalised goal sheets, (included).
This is part 4 of a larger bundle of board games that collectively support the following domains for Advanced Counting (New Zealand Stage 4):
- Number identification
- Sequencing and Ordering (this set)
- Grouping and Place Value
- Basic Facts
Math Centre Board Games for NUMBER SEQUENCE & ORDER (NZ Stage 4) has been designed to boost and consolidate instant recognition/recall of number concepts for students working with numbers to 100 and with 2 digit numbers.
In New Zealand, that equates to students in Years 2-4 (ages of 6-8). However - this resource will be a welcome addition of independent activities to the maths programme of any classroom where small group teaching occurs and students are allocated independent tasks where they need to be meaningfully engaged.
This board games based approach to learning enhances social skills, collaboration, self management, problem solving skills and fair play. Set within a robust management and reflection framework. 40+ PDF pages.
A great alternative to worksheets and digital screen time, after many months of Zoom learning.
FIND MORE MATHS RESOURCES IN MY STORE BY CLICKING HERE
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, please contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn