Maths MEASUREMENT Mini Olympics for Y4-6
Make Math FUN!
Introduce or wrap up your metric measurement unit by setting up this fun Olympics circuit for your Year 4-6 students (grades 3-5), creating a day to remember. Suits curriculum level 3, this resource includes 11 measurement stations to choose from,
covering concepts of:
- Estimating & Comparing lengths, quantities, volumes, weight & time
- Longer - shorter, more - less, heavier - lighter
- Sequential counting
- Ordinal numbers
- Using standard measuring tools like measuring tape, scales, measuring cups, stopwatches
- Reading standard units of measure, like metres & centimetres, kilograms & grams, millilitres, minutes & seconds
- Recording standard units of measure for length, weight, volume & time
- Challenge activities for perimeter & area
- All activities include extensions options to stretch your students
- Instruction cards for each station
- Challenge station for perimeter & area
- Student recording sheet
- Teacher set up information
- Example photos
- Bonus - Welcome to mini olympics day bunting flags for that festive feel
- Bonus - completion / reflection Certificate
Teacher set-up is required beforehand and materials/equipment needs to be collected for the games. Instructions for this are included, giving you the confidence to deliver a quality learning experience to your students. Best suited for students in Year 4, 5 6 (ages 9,10,11 yrs).
View a short video excerpt below.
TEACHERS SUPPORTING TEACHERS
Be the first to learn about new products added to the store
Please preview before you buy. If you have any questions, please contact me BEFORE you purchase.
⭐️If you value more of this resource type, please consider leaving a rating. Every care is taken with publishing this resource and at times, errors can still sneak through. Rather than leaving a negative rating, first contact me directly and be specific in your feedback so that I can make those improvement, giving you and others the best quality resource.
Review the TOUs prior to purchasing.
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license to use this resource in your classroom, but this does not give you copyright.
All teaching materials sold by Help Me Learn and One Teacher's Journey are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the credit in any of my teaching materials.
Created by Timea Willemse, © One Teacher's Journey, © Help Me Learn